Flag Football Coaching Requirements
BMFA Coaching Registration – https://app.teamlinkt.com/register/go/burlingtonstampeders/45579
- This registration is required for all Head coaches and Assistant coaches, it is free and takes 5-10 min to complete. This has to be completed before Feb 29, 2024 when registration closes. We will use this list to send Football Ontario the coaching registration fee ($25) on your behalf that is required to coach. It also provides you the proper insurance to be on the field so it has to be completed. Please see the NCCP# info below as that is needed to complete this registration.
National Coaching Certification Program Number (NCCP#) – https://thelocker.coach.ca/account/login
- This is your coaching education profile. All NCCP coach training and education you take is recorded through an online database called The Locker. Your training from every sport is recorded here. If you don’t have an NCCP#, you will have to sign up for one (which is free) at The Locker link above. You will need your NCCP# when you submit your BMFA coaching registration above so make sure you have this in advance.
Making Headway in Football – https://thelocker.coach.ca/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fonlinelearning#MHW-FB-E
- This is a free e-learning course on the basics of football, it should take you ~30 min to complete. This needs to be completed before the start of the season on April 20, 2024. Upon completion, you will see this course listed in your Locker.
Community Sport (U14) – https://footballontario.net/2023-coaches-training/
- This is an instructor-led training course that needs to be completed within 2 years for those coaching in the Tyke, Atom, PeeWee and Bantam divisions (ages 6-13). Football Ontario will be updating the website in January with 2024 course schedules. This is a 1 day clinic that is held both in-person or virtually. There are some e-learning prerequisites as well. There is a fee associated with this training that will be reimbursed by the BMFA (see below).
Police Record Check
Vulnerable Sector Check for volunteers – https://www.policesolutions.ca/checks/services/halton/index.php?page=vsc
- A valid police record check for a Vulnerable Sector Check for volunteers within the past 2 years is required to coach. You have to apply for this record check before the season starts on April 20, 2024 and send the approved documentation to the BMFA Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org once it arrives. Our registrar stores this information for security purposes. There is a fee associated with this police record check that is reimbursed by the BMFA (see below).
- Head Coaches will receive $100 for volunteering this season, this will be reimbursed to the credit card used for registering a player or it can be reimbursed directly to you once the season concludes.
- Community Sport (U14) training reimbursement – please email course completion confirmation and receipts to the BMFA Coaching Director at email@example.com and the BMFA Accountant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vulnerable Sector Check reimbursement – please email payment receipt to the BMFA Accountant at email@example.com.